Friday, January 19, 2007

English Country Garden

The other day I was doing Lucy's hair, and she started singing, that's not unusual - she often does that! Anyway at 2 and a half years old - I hear her sing "pull down your pants and suffocate the ants in an english country garden" although she couldn't quite say suffocate.

I was amazed, so I asked her, who taught her that song. She had a little think, looked at me and said .... "daddy..." surely not, then she started listing a load of names, obviously wanting to 'protect' the real culprit, who I found out later was daddy! She's such a daddies girl. Unfortunately as I laughed and then quizzed her about it she thought it was funny and kept saying "did I make you laugh mummy". Oh she's a one. So I told her it was a naughty song and later when I caught myself singing it she said "don't sing that mummy, it's a naughty song"!

1 comment:

Murray said...

hey kate, really looking forward to seeing you. sorry haven't been in contact. love you lots - will e-mail you xxox